Re: Extended types in JSON(-LD)

Note that data types in RDF are really just borrowed from XML Schema, so extending the data type model is not strictly dependent on RDF at all. Depending on what you want to model, you may want to use a more complicated node value for data types, such as schema.org StructuredValue https://schema.org/StructuredValue.

But really, for any scalar datatype, the @type definition can come from either a pre-defined list such as XML Schema, or something you’ve described yourself, it’s just that RDF/OWL provides some best practices for doing such modeling.

Gregg Kellogg
Sent from my iPhone