Re: Status of jlreq multilingual doc & proposal to replace current version

Update:

On 07/05/2019 09:38, r12a wrote:

> I think we are almost ready to replace the current editor's drafts for
> jlreq (en & ja) with the new multilingual version of the document.  Here
> are what i think are remaining steps, none of which block moving the new
> version into place, i think:

I'm not hearing any objections to this, so i will begin preparations to
replace the current structure of the repo with the new versions of the
document.

> [1] i may remove the script that adds lang attributes after loading and
> add the lang attributes to the document source, see
> https://github.com/w3c/respec/issues/2339

I plan to go ahead with this over the coming day or so.

> [2] there's an issue with the links to #term.illustrations which i can't
> figure out

Fixed by Fuqiao.

> [3] although i tried to be very careful, there may be some bugs related
> to the conversion (rather than existing already).  Atsushi, could you
> look through the document to see if you can spot any?  (If the issue
> exists in the older jlreq docs, such as links in the english but not the
> japanese and vice versa, we should probably add those to separate issues
> - i just want to catch any new issues that may have been introduced by
> the conversion process.)

Atsushi will work on this.

> [4] When we make the move, i propose to tidy up the repository a little
> by moving the dependent files into a subdirectory, eg. table_en files to
> index_data/table_en, etc. (same for local.css and script.js).  We should
> also move the current index.html and ja subdirectory into a new
> directory called previousversion (or some such name).

Will do this over next day or so.

> [5] we still need to resolve the question about how to handle the
> glossary (pending ftf meeting discussion).

Pending discussion at next FTF.

> [6] we should look at some of the current text in the introduction and
> update it. For example, to say that it was *formerly* developed by
> participants in several working groups, but that now it is being
> maintained by the jlreq task force.

I did this (for the English text) in the abstract and SOTD. The Japanese
text will need updating too, though we might give a day or two for any
comments on the english changes to come in.

I also moved all the previous editors to 'Former editors'. As new people
begin contributing to the editorial work, we can add them to the
'Editors' list.

ri