Re: Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs

Sorry about that. I was using my phone (on a trip), and it has a swiping
keyboard. I didn't notice that what I meant to be "specific" turned out as
"associated" before sending. So the corrected text would be:

This list is not specific enough to be actionable. One would have to have
an associated document with precise <test cases, desired results, and
actual results>.

Here is an example from the attached document:

"Web Addresses and links don’t maintain their IDN display and sometimes
don’t resolve in browsers.
Browser Developers
- Firefox from Mozilla
- Chrome from Google
- Safari from Apple
- Internet Explorer from Microsoft
- Opera"

On the face of it, that row is clearly false. I can certainly type IDNs
into Chrome or Firefox, and they resolve and work, with the caveat that *by
design*, browsers often show punycode if the URL looks suspicious in some
way.

I am reminded of a bug report I got at Apple years ago:

"Laser printer doesn't work." No details, no hint as to context or
environment, or what went wrong.

Mark <https://google.com/+MarkDavis>

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*