Re: "plain text" vs. "running text"

* Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
><hat type='individual'/>
>
>In several places 3987bis uses "plain text" where I think it means
>"running text"...
>
>      Delimiters "<" (U+003C), ">" (U+003E), and '"' (U+0022): Appendix
>      C of [RFC3986] suggests the use of double-quotes
>      ("http://example.com/") and angle brackets (<http://example.com/>)
>      as delimiters for URIs in plain text.
>
>      Many applications (for example, mail user agents) try to detect
>      URIs appearing in plain text.

This is plain text as opposed to marked up text. "Running text" would
usually exclude things like footnotes, but in something like a mail,

  The foo draft [1] contradicts the bar draft [2].

  [1] <http://www.example.org/example-org-drafts/
      foo>
  [2] <http://www.example.org/example-org-drafts/
      bar>

would have the addresses in footnotes, not running text, even though
the thing as a whole is plain text when using Content-Type: text/plain.