Date: Monday, July 09, 2012 01:27 -0700
From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D Action: draft-klensin-iri-sri-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An XML-based Simple Resource Identifier
	Author(s)       : John C Klensin
                          Subramanian Moonesamy
	Filename        : draft-klensin-iri-sri-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   While the URI specification has been widely deployed, it has
long    been recognized that many valid URIs, especially those
that contain    extensive information in the "tail" are
unsuitable for user    presentation, especially for
internationalized environments.  IRIs    have been proposed as a
solution for that problem but inherit (and    are constrained
by) the complex and sometimes method-dependent syntax    model
of URIs as well as positional and ordering assumptions that
make them more difficult to localize than is desirable.

   This specification illustrates a way to define an "above URI"
model    for a localization-friendly simple reference identifier
(SRI) that    explicitly identifies fields and is more
appropriate than IRIs to    support localization.  The current
version is intended simply to    initiate a discussion.  In
particular, while it is written to use an    XML element syntax
model, variations using JSON or some other system    with
explicitly-labeled data fields might be as, or more,
appropriate.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-iri-sri

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-iri-sri-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/