Re: FW: UTS #46, Unicode IDNA Compatibility Processing, Version 6.1 Released

That's a misrepresentation of what happened, and what resulted.

What the consortium members (many of whom have major browser or search
engine implementations) concluded is that because IDNA2008 breaks backwards
compatibility, many people could not move immediately to deployment. The
document, if you look at it, provides a transitional mechanism specifically
for the period when registries have not yet adopted IDNA2008, but people
want their browsers and search engines to still work.

The main change in the new version is that it adds a field specifically for
IDNA2008 conformance, to help people moving off of the transitional
mechanism.

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*
*