Re: URL parsing in HTML5

On 2011-11-04 16:34, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 21:21:50 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre
> <stpeter@stpeter.im> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> The outcome you sketch will also result in all other W3C specifications
> to be implemented by browsers (and even HTTP if it were to be defined in
> a non-fiction manner) depend on HTML for its definition of URL processing.

Please stop the "fiction" rhetoric. There's also a lot of fiction in
HTML5 (such as requiring rewriting of \ for all URI schemes), and I
don't see you arguing about *that*.

I do agree that URIs leak, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we can
have the same processing requirements everywhere. For instance, there
are cases where whitespace acts as a delimiter and thus will not be
accepted as URI character, no matter how much you want it to.

Best regards, Julian