Re: IETF 82 Agenda and call for presenters

Hello Chris, others,

On 2011/11/03 6:11, Chris Weber wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> On 11/1/2011 6:06 PM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
>> I think we should also have some time for the bidi draft.
>>
>> Adil and I had some discussion about two weeks back, and Adil came up
>> with some good ideas.
>
> Would Adil like to present on those ideas? I've posted the draft to
> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/agenda/iri.txt and broke up the time
> to include the BIDI and IRI Comparison drafts. This agenda could still
> change based on further feedback.

We just got a lot of feedback from Peter. We probably have to put the
agenda on hold until that's sorted out, even if that means we don't meet
the deadline.

As for the Bidi and IRI Comparison draft, I think we'll have some stuff
to discuss about bidi, but I don't see much issues now for the
comparison draft. So I'd suggest to put the comparison draft first, with
less time, and the bidi draft later.

>> As for "IRI Processing Spec", I think it would be good to come up soon
>> with a name that sticks. "IRI Processing Spec" is too generic, because
>> 3987bis also contains stuff about processing IRIs. Maybe "IRI
>> Preprocessing" would work better?
>>

> That can be part of the discussion, but my understanding is that this
> spec would not be limited to pre-processing only.

Good point.

Regards,   Martin.