Re: parsing URI (references) according to RFC 3986

On 6/23/11 2:59 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> A URI is a string and doesn't have any hidden metadata attached to it.

OK, good.

> The check for "same document" is made when you resolve the URI, and you
> determine the base URI at that moment of time based on the rules for the
> media type in which it occurs. No need to attach something to the URI.

When you say "resolve the URI" that means actually doing something with
the string, right?

In that case, I can say with a decent amount of certainty that no
browser implements 4.4.

> If this is the *only* RFC3986 problem browser vendors have, I'm more
> than happy :-)

Well, it's clearly in addition to the list of issues you already had.... ;)

-Boris