Re: parsing URI (references) according to RFC 3986

On 2011-06-20 11:02, Adam Barth wrote:
> I can just repeat what I've said before.  This behavior needs to be
> specced.  We can either spec it here or somewhere else.  Given that
> the behavior is implemented in the URL processing code (and not the
> DOM), the natural place to spec it is here (and not in the DOM specs).

Well, the WG should make a conscious decision here.

I can see that it may make sense to define a canonical form. In that
case we need to decide whether it would be scheme-agnostic (see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.html#rfc.section.6.2.2>), or
whether it needs to go any further. In the latter case we would enter
the area of scheme-specific rules, which I believe the generic URI/IRI
spec should not do.

Best regards, Julian