Re: parsing URI (references) according to RFC 3986

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Chris Weber <chris@lookout.net> wrote:

>> On 2011-06-18 15:09, Adam Barth wrote:
>>>
>>> How does your implementation compare to existing browsers on this test
>>> suite:
>>>
>>> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/url/
>>>
>>> In particular, it would be helpful to add entries for your
>>> implementation to the following table so that we can see whether it
>>> makes desirable trade-offs in situations where browsers differ in
>>> behavior:
>>>

>>> https://raw.github.com/abarth/url-spec/master/tests/gurl-results/by-browser.txt
>>>

>> Get me an easily parseable file (*) with test cases, and I can produce
>> the results.
>>
>> Best regards, Julian
>>
>> (*) That's something other than Javascript source code.
>>

> Could the implementers on this list respond with a format for storing test
> cases that they would prefer to use?

Speaking for myself, I prefer a format that can be used to
automatically test web browsers in a black-box fashion.  It's fine if
that's some JSON file that an HTML driver reads and tests.  The test
suite I linked to before is a good example of an automated test suite
that can be run directly in browsers.

Adam