Re: same-document references

On Jul 2, 2011, at 5:36 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Unfortunately, the W3C archive search doesn't work for anything
> prior to 1999.

FWIW, I looked back in the archives to see if I could remember why
I added the same-document section in the first place.  AFAICT, it was
because of the lengthy discussion of whether URNs allowed fragments or not.

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/1998Jan/

Sorry, there is no specific reference -- just a lot of pain that
you can only see by reading most of the messages that month (and
perhaps a few messages from the previous month).

....Roy