Re: same-document references

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 01:51:04 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: public-iri@w3.org
On 7/2/11 1:43 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> I am not sure why you think I was trying to describe browser behavior.

We have a spec.  If no one is implementing the spec, then what's the point?

Presumably if the spec exists it's trying to describe the behavior of
_something_, yes?

>> Or are you saying that the "base URI" for the purpose of this section
>> should be something other than the actual base URI of HTML documents
>> (that thing used for relative URI resolution), if the HTML spec wants?
>
> I think it is fair to look at this in isolation, so, yes, pretty much.

OK, thanks.

Given that, it sounds like for my purposes this part of the spec is
entirely vacuous (also useless, since in practice other specs need to
define the details of the behavior here), so I'm just going to ignore it
and work on making sure other specs actually define their behavior
instead of relying on assumptions about what "base URI" should be used here.

-Boris