Re: [iri] #73: Decide on organization-specific schemes

On 12/10/2011 9:16 AM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> I think using DNS names as URI prefixes might actually be harmful rather than helpful.
> I'd rather see people be able to register a unique prefix (e.g., "eventbrite" in this case) since URI schemes need to be longer-lived than DNS names.
Hi Larry, I can see your point about longevity.  Does anyone else prefer
the approach Larry mentions, to use an organization's name, versus using
the organization's registered domain name?

eventbrite vs com-eventbrite-attendee

In other words, should 4395 suggest to readers that they create a URI
scheme based on their organization name or rather their domain name,
expressed in reverse order?  See:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/ticket/73

Best regards,
Chris Weber