Re: 4395bis ticket 60: Should we recommend using different ABNF rule names to clarify escaping?

23.08.2011 2:00, Chris Weber wrote:
> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/ticket/60>
>
> Does anyone else have comments on whether to explicitly change rule
> names or can this be closed as a "won't fix?"

I personally encountered such issue when writing my 'ftp' URI
specification, where usual RFC 3986 <segment> allows ";" and it needs to
be escaped because of the role of delimiter.  However, I suppose this is
out of the scope of 4395bis, and 'wontfix' or 'invalid' seems fine to
me.  Let's rely on scheme specs' authors' good taste here.

Mykyta