From: Larry Masinter
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:27 AM
To: public-iri@w3.org
Subject: What's going on? (Tracker, new drafts)

Now that there seems to be some input from others, eyes on the process and have some time to put into it:

I've made the first steps of splitting out two components of the IRI spec

Draft-ietf-iri-comparison  (resubmitted as working group document) Draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines

and a new version -07 of the main 3987bis. The first cut is a little rough -- I didn't do much cleanup yet with the idea of making the audit trail of changes easier to follow.

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-07&url1=draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-05

will show you how the main document changed (went from 54 to 38 pages)

The rfcdiff tool should also show edits to the sections made as they were extracted, e.g.,
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iri-comparison-00&url1=draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-05

should work once the ID-as-working-group-document gets approved.

I did try to clean up references.

I'll be working to address tracker issues where there seems to be working group issues, and encourage you to use the tracker to submit issues & review changes.

Larry