FW: New Version Notification for draft-masinter-iri-comparison-00.txt

Split of section on equivalence, etc.  Should this have been draft-ietf-iri-comparison-00 ?

I'm hoping we can work through most of the easy open issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: internet-drafts@ietf.org [mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 4:18 PM
To: Larry Masinter
Cc: duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp; Larry Masinter
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-masinter-iri-comparison-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-masinter-iri-comparison-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Larry Masinter and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:  draft-masinter-iri-comparison
Revision:  00
Title:   Comparison and Canonicalization of Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
Creation date:  2011-08-12
WG ID:   Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9

Abstract:
   Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) are unicode strings
   used to identify resources on the Internet.  Applications that use
   IRIs often define a means of comparing two IRIs to determine when two
   IRIs are equivalent for the purpose of that application.  Some
   applications also define a method for 'canonicalizing' or
   'normalizing' an IRI -- translating one IRI into another which is
   equivalent under the comparison method used.

   This document gives guidelines and best practices for defining and
   using IRI comparison, equivalence, normalization and canonicalization
   methods.

The IETF Secretariat