IRI WG future

On 8/2/11 9:49 PM, Marc Blanchet wrote:

> - AD is considering shutting down the working group since:
> + registration (4395bis) is being discussed in apps area and within a new mailing list, and therefore can be handled that way.
> + 3987bis still requires a lot of work before completion.
> + short term deliverable to be referenced by HTML5 (which deadline is delayed) can be handled by individual submission/AD-sponsored.
> + mailing list would remain opened

To be clear, I was wondering aloud at the mic, because until the meeting
last week I'd seen very little progress on the core specs under
consideration by the working group. I was heartened by the progress we
made in Québec and I hope we can continue to forge ahead, especially
with 3987bis, in an effort to complete our work by the end of the year
or early next year.

So I don't plan to shut down the WG immediately, but let's see how
quickly we can make further progress, shall we? (I sent my personal
opinions on open issues to the list the other day in an effort to
encourage more discussion; comments are welcome!)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/