RE: [bidi] Re: BIDI?

FWIW, I agree. I think that having multiple display orders will be way more confusing for users than having the item printed on the napkin, in the web page, and in the address bar be at least somewhat consistent.

Addison

From: public-iri-request@w3.org [mailto:public-iri-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Mark Davis ?
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:57 AM
To: Shawn Steele
Cc: Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin; Mohamed Mohie; Matitiahu Allouche; bidi@unicode.org; bidi-bounce@unicode.org; public-iri@w3.org
Subject: Re: [bidi] Re: BIDI?

For my mind, everyone is better off having a constant order over all IRIs. As Mati points out, the ordering of IRI fields is arbitrary anyway. It is not consistently big-endian; the most important part (the domain name) is little-endian. People get used to such inconsistencies as long as they are constant and predicatable.

Mark

— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —