Re: BIDI?

Thanks.

That's a good question. The proposal does assume that software supporting
"schemeless" IRIs can periodically update its list of TLDs. For the
foreseeable future, I think that is feasible, especially for web software.
That is, it takes a while for a new TLD to build up presence. In the
meantime, a plaintext program missing that TLD doesn't affect the DNS
functioning of an IRI with it, just the BIDI display of that IRI.

However, we should also consider whether there are other alternatives to
that strategy.

Mark

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*