Re: Non-hierarchical base URLs (was Re: draft-abarth-url-01 uploaded)

On 4/26/11 12:42 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> If I use
>
> data:text/plain,foo
>
> it should be able to parse it, however I then get
>
> taco.html
>
> Is this intentional?

Yes.  This is actually a general behavior Gecko has for URI-valued DOM
properties.  The pseudocode is something like:

   attrValue = getAttribute(attrName);
   resolvedURIObject = createURIObject(attrValue, baseURIObject);
   if (!resolvedURIObject) {
     return attrValue;
   }
   return resolvedURIObject.toString();

I believe we do that "because we always have" (or in other words because
at some point it was probably needed for web compat; not sure whether it
is now).

-Boris