Re: Soliciting feedback on draft-abarth-url

On 18.04.2011 07:51, Adam Barth wrote:
> Greetings public-iri,
>
> I'm starting to actively edit draft-abarth-url again.  If you have any
> technical feedback on the document, please let me know.  Particularly
> useful is feedback in the form of a test case that can be added to
> this test suite:
>
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/url/
>
> As an example, the following test suite shows how a number of
> different sequences of characters are segmented into components:
>
> http://trac.webkit.org/export/HEAD/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/url/segments.html

I think it would be extremely useful to have a comparison how those
tests with absolute URIs would be parsed by the regexp in the URI spec:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.html#rfc.section.B>

Are there differences? And if there are, do UAs agree on what to do with
those inputs?

> Test cases are especially helpful because they allow us to compare the
> behavior of different user agents and will ensure that the net result
> of this process is interoperable behavior.

<brokenrecord>There are more components than UAs processing
URIs</brokenrecord>. So, for example, we should test with libraries
(jave.net.URI, the .NET equivalent etc...) as well.

Best regards, Julian