W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-iri@w3.org > October 2010

Re: 2010-10-05 iri wg interim meeting notes

From: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:51:59 -0400
Message-ID: <4CB4841F.3030108@viagenie.ca>
To: "public-iri@w3.org" <public-iri@w3.org>
FYI, webex recording is available at: 
https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/lsr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=6885757&rKey=abee22cbb2cbb0d0

(However, I don't know how to convert this to a mp3 or something easier 
to archive).

Marc.

Le 10-10-12 11:48, Marc Blanchet a écrit :
> Title: IETF IRI wg interim meeting
> Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2010
> Time: 8:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
> Recording:
>
> Presence:
> Marc Blanchet
> Addison Phillips
> Martin Durst
> Larry Masinter
> Joseph Yee
> Slim Amamou
>
> 1. Administrativia
> Scribe: Marc Blanchet
>
> 1.b. draft-hansen-iri-4395bis
> Chairs sent request to the list to approve this draft as wg draft
> All emails were for support. no objections, none during this interim
> meeting.
> Therefore, approved as wg draft
> Tony/Larry to publish as draft-ietf-iri-4395bis-00 asap.
> Chairs to approve and announce to the mailing list
>
> 2. draft-ietf-iri-3987bis: opened issues to be discussed:
>
> 2.a) #23 normalization
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/ticket/23
> Addison: proposal text:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2010Sep/0039.html
> Addison: related to #5: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/ticket/5
> Larry: Problem is when to apply normalization.
> Larry: replacing the requirement to an advice.
> Larry: need to address #5 before #23.
> Martin: thinks we have rough concensus. problem is the right wording.
> Larry: i think we have some agreement on the direction of the solution
> for #23,
> but the wording will change depending on the resolution of #5
> Martin: difficult to explain the difference between presentation and
> representation.
> Larry: disagree with Martin.
> Larry: spoofing and phishing is an artifact of the unreliability of IRI
> <--> presentation
> Martin: spoofing part of the security section is the good place to
> discuss this issue.
> Addison: if we don't require normalization, then there is nothing to say
> except listing
> the different kind of normalization.
> ACTION: Larry to send proposed text to the list.
>
> 2.b) #24 Sort out issues between IRIs and HTML form submission
> Larry: I don't think this is an issue. maybe an action item for someone
> to check. but think issues should be raised
> against the current text, which has done this.
> Martin: I agree that this is not an issue. but want to keep it opened.
> Larry: I don't like having open issues that aren't issues.
> Martin: need to have some text about specific schemes such as ftp.
> Marc: I think we should close this one. and reopen in the future if we
> find an issue.
> Addison: agree. anyone disagree?
> Martin: not too strongly.
> Joseph: to look at the text and comment to the public iri list.
> Concensus: close the issue
> ACTION ITEM: close the issue.
>
> 2.d) #44 Reference Unicode TR 46, and if yes, how?
> Larry: No harm in doing non-normative reference. Editorial. need text.
> Joseph: agree to have non-normative reference.
> ACTION: Addison to propose text on #44
>
> 4. Next steps
> Larry: let's see if we can get more attendees & agenda items for next
> interim meeting.
>


-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN news service: http://reeves.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
Received on Tuesday, 12 October 2010 15:52:27 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 30 April 2012 19:52:00 GMT