Re: registration templates, Re: [Uri-review] Updated 'javascript' scheme draft

The current rules say that

1) a template *exists*,
2) the template is what is used for review on uri-review@ietf.org
3) the template is what is sent to IANA at iana@iana.org

The *easiest* way to accomplish this is to include the template in the
defining RFC, but it is not mandatory for it to be *listed* there.

But it does need to exist. Personally, I find that having the
information collected into one place within the document is useful.

     Tony Hansen
     tony@att.com