RE: BIDI IRI Display (was spoofing and IRIs)

We have to think in a context where LTR parts are required neither un e-mail
addresses nor in URLs nor in other human readable URIs.

We have to aspire to people being able to use the internet in their own
language and in their own script. And for the majority of the people in this
world this is not English and not the Latin script. Even for the majority of
literate people.

Non Latin TLDs are just around the corner, despite resistance that I cannot
understand. As for http etc it is possible to define localized equivalents
such as äèèô however ugly they are.

Just to clarify my point of view, let me tell you the my mother tongue is
English and I am bilingual in Hebrew and English. I live in an officially
trilingual country (Hebrew – Arabic – English) and in addition I hear
Russian and some Tagalog around me quite often.

Computer people and the better educated people I meet are quite comfortable
with the internet as it is, with a lot of English mixed in, but people who
are less well educated have great difficulties with it.

I am not biased against English, I just don't think we want the internet to
available only to the top deciles in non-Latin script countries. I for one
would want it to be available to all.

Jony