Re: BIDI IRI Display (was spoofing and IRIs)

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org> wrote:

> (...)
>
> I would claim that if you could guarantee IRI-specific
> visual display handling that was different from the
> generic sequence-of-character visual display handling,
> you wouldn't need IRIs at all. Only send around URIs,
> and when presenting them to the user, convert to an
> appropriate unicode display.

Maybe Unicode specs should refer to IRI RFC for display. After all the RFC
will be the authority on the issue.

It's not conceivable to display IRIs as unicode wants. It's the other way
around. Unicode documents writing systems that exist, it should not impose
it's will on them.

--
Slim Amamou | سليم عمامو
http://alixsys.com