Re: This working group appears to be dead

Hello Adam,

On 2010/07/24 5:22, Adam Barth wrote:
> This working group appears to be dead.

Well, it's at least in deep sleep.

 > The group hasn't published a document in six months

I have just published -01 of draft-ietf-iri-3987bis. Content-wise,
nothing much has changed. But I hope you can interpret this at least as
a deep, loud, snoring.

And just to make sure, this hasn't been done in response to your mail,
but was discussed before with the chairs and planned for today.

> and the mailing list hasn't had any technical
> content since May.

If nobody sent technical content, that would include you (and of course
many others). An IETF WG is nothing more that a collection of its members.

> According to the charter, we're supposed to be
> done by now:
>
> Goals and Milestones:
>    Feb 2010 - Publish initial version of the WG documents
>    May 2010 - Working group Last Call of all documents
>    Jun 2010 - Publish IRI documents as RFCs (BCP, standards track, as
> appropriate)

Julian has already said what needs to be said on this point.

> No agenda has been published for the upcoming meeting at IETF78.

I'm indeed waiting for that, too.

> I move that this working group be disbanded.

That's up to the ADs.

Regards,   Martin.