From: public-iri-request@w3.org [mailto:public-iri-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of NARUSE, Yui
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 11:18 PM
To: public-iri@w3.org
Subject: ftp URI scheme is where?

Sorry if this is FAQ,
What defines detail of ftp URI scheme now?

IANA registry for URI schemes says it is RFC 1738.
http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.html

But RFC 1738 is updated by RFC 1808, and both of them
are obsoleted by RFC 3986, 4248, 4266.
But they doesn't describe about ftp URI Scheme.
(file URI scheme is same situation)

Also note that RFC 1738 and current major implementation
are different.
For example, 3.2.2. FTP url-path says, ftp://host/etc is
parsed as `CWD etc`, but they sends `CWD /etc`.
And they ignore typecode of ftp URI.
(Google Chrome simply send as it is a part of filename)

--
NARUSE, Yui  <naruse@airemix.jp>