Re: Proposed Charter and Agenda for IRI BOF at IETF 76

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> That is what the Web Address algorithm (the former HTML5 algorithm) in
> fact does, see step 9:
> <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft.html#resolving-urls>. However, the
> steps to translate to valid URIs (and the required postprocessing rules)
> are quite involved and must be specified somewhere.

Yes. I think there's consensus that this should be defined for HTML.

>> c) Again, see <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#appendix-B>.
>
> I can't see where Appenix B defines this.

It's absolute if it has a scheme. Or does this include absolute paths as
well? Should still be simple to determine from the parts extracted by
the regexp.

>> I do realize that a more normative way of what Appendix B says may be
>> needed, but please let's not dismiss what's already in the spec as
>> unusable.
>
> I don't believe I dismissed it. But I agree, a normative version is needed.

That was a general comment; I didn't indent to claim *you* dismissed it.

BR, Julian