Re: [draft-duerst-iri-bis-06] differences from HTML5 algorithm

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:39:03 +0200, Martin J. Dürst
<duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> At least personally, I'm always also interested in the "story behind the
> story", i.e. things like which version of which browser got it wrong
> (and others followed), and so on. But much of that might be difficult to
> reconstruct.

I see. I'm not sure if I or Ian can be of much help there. Usually when we
reverse engineer something we just look at the latest deployed versions of
browsers and any experimental builds if available (sometimes just the
latter). Not much archeology involved. Having said that, the text in HTML4
on URIs suggests this is at least over a decade old. (Though somewhere in
200x it changed to just the <query> component that depended on the
document encoding.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/