Re: Generic URI syntax incompatible with IPv6 addresses in SIP URIs

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> Well, I'm confused.  "Moving" was a loose term, but I did think I
> heard that we should join "public-?ri" (didn't hear very clearly at
> the bar bof) and "public-iri" was the match I found.  Since I'm a
> newcomer to either list (URI work has been pretty slow while I've been
> AD), just let me know which list we should use to discuss updating the
> IETF URI RFCs.

Well, we've got both

   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/>

and

   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/>

As far as I can tell, the discussion is about:

- a potential issue with the IRI spec (normalization)

and

- a potential addition already drafted in RFC3987bis (LEIRIs)

In particular, I haven't seen any bugs reported against RFC3986 in this
context (except the lack of error handling requirements, which clearly
is controversial).

Thus, it seems that we are really talking about RFC3987bis, and thus the
IRI mailing list would be the right place.

BR, Julian