Re: IDNA and IRI document way forward

From: Erik van der Poel <erikv@google.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:22:06 -0700
To: PUBLIC-IRI@w3.org
Thanks, all, for the info about LEIRI, XML, etc.

> I don't understand this: the IRI document currently
> describes a HREF -> URI mapping; is that OK
> with you?

There are also issues with the URI -> DNS/HTTP mapping, but I suppose
that discussion belongs in uri@w3.org.

There are many small issues with IDNA and IRI, but I suppose one of
the bigger issues is the question of mapping. HTML implementers will
be trying to decide what to do about IDNA2003/2008 co-existence and/or
migration. We currently have two drafts that are quite different:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-01
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr46/tr46-1.html

Erik