From: ietf-http-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:ietf-http-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Dan Connolly
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 3:56 PM
To: Ian Hickson; Larry Masinter
Cc: =JeffH; ietf-http-wg@w3.org; PUBLIC-IRI@W3.ORG
Subject: Re: DanC's Web Addresses draft (was: Comments on the HTTP Sec-From Header (draft-abarth-origin))

On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 22:06 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, =JeffH wrote:
> >
> > Ian wrote:
> > >
> > > You probably want to just refer to DanC's Web Addresses draft...
> >
> > Is this what you mean..
> >
> >   An Introduction to Multilingual Web Addresses
> >   http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/
> >
> > ?
>
> I think it's this one:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft-ietf.html
>
> ...but I'm not sure what the status of that is. Dan? Is there an ETA on
> this draft?

Larry submitted something to the IETF today (details attached).

He directed discussion to public-iri@w3.org, FYI.

I think mine is obsolete mine in favor of his; I'll add
a forwarding pointer when I find a few spare minutes.

>  (In particular, is something referencable going to exist by
> October?

I think that's a reasonable timeframe. Some parts of this draft-06
are a little rough... and I think there isn't an active WG,
so this will need a 4 week last call rather than 2 weeks...
but I don't see any major obstacles. Larry? Martin, do you have
any more schedule info than I do?

>  I'm trying to work out what I should do in HTML5, which depends
> on this algorithm and is hopefully going to LC in October.)

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E