RE: Proposed resolution of HRRI/IRI discussion

Martin,

Richard Tobin has reviewed the LEIRI section of your draft
and makes the following comment for the XML Core WG.  We'd
be interested in your reply.

paul

------

I have compared Martin's text with our earlier discussions,
and it seems to match with one exception:  he excludes all
of FFF0-FFFF, instead of just FFFE and FFFF.  He has a note
"U+FFF0-FFFF: TODO:  Check, give these a name, and explain".

I'm not sure what the issue is with these characters, but
to achieve our aim of not making a normative change to
XML (etc), we need to allow FFF0-FFFD, no matter how stupid
they are.

If we resolve this point, I think we could abandon our own
efforts and refer to LEIRIs in our specs.

-- Richard