Re: Proposed resolution of HRRI/IRI discussion

I think one additional argument for not including '[' and ']'
in escaping when going from Legacy Extended IRIs to IRIs is
that for all the other characters, this can be done independent
of syntax details, but for '[' and ']', it would have to be
done in a context-dependent manner, because clearly these
characters must not be escaped when they serve as delimiters
for IPv6 addresses.

Regards,    Martin.