RE: Migration of HTTP to the use of IRIs [queryclarify-16]

I'd like to comment on that. The IRI spec is fairly explicit on that IRI
can be used as presentation elements for URI protocol elements (ref
clause 3 intro). This is to recognize that applications out there have
not waited for us for creating presentation layers that use non ascii
native characters for schemes that supposedly should not use them (such
as http). The presentation layer principle is there to support that. So
I expect IRI to be used for both purposes:
- presentation layer for existing URI schemes
- core layer for new schemes exclusively defined using IRI for protocol
elements syntax.

For a while I'd expect the vast majority of IRI usage to be in the first
category.

Michel