Re: [Uri-review] SMB URL v05.

Hello Chris, others,

[I'm copying this to the uri list and the iri list to make sure
the necessary coordination/discussion happens.]

This seems to be a conflict between some changes to RFC2396bis
and some new uri scheme registrations. Limiting the 'authority'
part of URIs to DNS hostnames seemed a good idea in March at the
URI BOF at the IETF in SF. But this SMB scheme seems to be at
least one scheme that would like to have it differently.
Are there other such schemes? I have some vague suspicion
that this may also apply to draft-josefsson-dns-url-08.txt.
I have copied Simon.

Regards,    Martin.