Re: FYI: Lightning will work across ledgers

A suggestion in the spirit of inter-operability:
maybe it makes sense to invite the Lightning folks into this discussion?

- They've clearly spend a tremendous amount into bitcoin integration - and
I can see definitely value in there.
- I'm a big fan of simplicity and standards - and couldn't find too much
clarity in the docs/specs from lightning. This can be due to my
search-skills and efforts...
- Maybe the Lightning techs can help us mapping their stack to the
interledger stack - see if there is actual overlap and where?

> But honestly, I believe that if interledger isn't compatible with
> lightning it will be mostly for interledger's loss and not the other
> way around (I'm aware most people here will probably disagree with
> this point).

"decentralized silo's" is exactly what interledger wants to overcome.
It's an ecosystem effort, no inter-operability between projects (and
legacy) means that blockchain efforts won't hit mainstream for a long while

--

Dimitri De Jonghe, PhD
Developer

+32 496 809 414 | Twitter <https://twitter.com/DimitriDeJonghe> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dimitridejonghe> | GitHub
<https://github.com/diminator> | S <https://facebook.com/>kype:
dimi.dejonghe
[image: Logo] <https://www.bigchaindb.com/>

BigchainDB GmbH
Wichertstr. 14a, 10439 Berlin | Managing Director: Bruce Pon | Registered
in Berlin HRB 160856B |info@bigchaindb.com | www.bigchaindb.com