Re: Forming a Routing Working Group

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 7:05 AM Xavier Vas <xavier@tr80.com> wrote:

> Basically, the interledger routing problem isn't different from any
> peer-to-peer network, even if the "peers" are pools of machines on a
> blockchain or similar.

There are any number of sources of precedent to look to for ILP routing.
ILP routing protocols need to seek tradeoffs between time and transfer
fees, something proprietary payment networks have done for many years, but
a problem not too far off from distance vector routing, or s/OSPF/"open
cheapest path first"/

That said, I think despite this ample precedent that  what Interledger is
doing is somewhat unique and a worthy area of exploration.

I have some pejorative things to say about the routing protocols you
referenced, but I think they're off topic for this thread. If you really
want to know, ping me personally.