Re: The case for modularizing ILP

On 25 May 2016 at 15:17, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com> wrote:

> Hi Melvin,
>
> The timing is interesting :)
>
> There is a lot of refactoring going on at the moment to make implementing
> ILP on existing ledgers (using the reference source code) easier and
> possible through a kind of "plug-in" system.
>
> Also, the website will be relaunching this week (for a sneak preview see
> the v2 branch on github) with a LOT more developer resources. Our focus for
> the London workshop on 6 July is very slanted toward developing with ILP
> (as opposed to purely development of core ILP components) and we've set
> aside the whole afternoon for hacking projects together that use or extend
> ILP.
>
> I hope you can join us in London on 6 July (interledger.org/workshop)
>
> What I think you'll find most interesting is the awesome work that Stefan
> and Evan have been doing in organising the specs into an RFC-style set at
> http://github.com/interledger/rfcs (WIP so please take as such)
>
> I did a presentation at WWWConf a few weeks ago which builds on the
> architecture concepts you'll see there and explains the bridge from the
> work being done in the W3C Web Payments WG and ILP (and how we are
> architecting ILP to get the Internet of Value by creating direct analogies
> with the Internet itself).
>
> https://www.w3.org/2016/Talks/future-payments-201604.pdf

Oh excellent!  I really hope we can find some common patterns and maybe
code reuse!  I think this is a common problem many people have and no one
really has the right answer, but lots of people getting close.

I guess one of the points of standards is to get different things to all
glue together.  I'd be really happy if we can make an eco system that does
that.

I like the idea of hacking projects ...