Re: IRC / was: Agenda - 9 March Call

First result from googling would agree with you:
https://drewdevault.com/2015/11/01/Please-stop-using-slack.html

I don't think using Slack is totally out of the question. Other OSS
projects do use it.

That said, I agree with Jehan that IRC is more open and IRCCloud turns it
into a similar experience as Slack. Plus the W3C uses it extensively, so I
would say IRC seems like the obvious choice.