Re: Blockchain, block size and interledger (was: How do bank payments actually work?)

> need to have agreed on the business rules that govern the transaction

You're totally right Carol, I should clarify my position:

What ILP is concerned with are the raw ledger updates. We assume that there
is already a known sender, a known receipient, a known amount and everyone
involved has agreed to participate in this transaction. We're not trying to
suggest that raw ILP by itself is suitable as a consumer payment solution
any more than raw TCP would be an alternative to the entire protocol stack
of the Web. It's merely intended as a first layer.

However, I think that because of all the reasons outlined in my previous
mail it is a better first layer than the other option of building the whole
stack on a single ledger.

I would talk more about what the other layers could look like, but I'll
save that for another thread to avoid going off-topic in this one.