Re: ILP and signatures

On 26 January 2016 at 19:27, Stefan Thomas <stefan@ripple.com> wrote:

> If you want escrow, the funds' release has to be triggered somehow.
> Cryptography (hashes or signatures both work) is very convenient for this,
> but you can in principle use any trusted signal, like a wire with physical
> security.

Got it, thanks.

> As far as making ILP a standard I think we'd want to use common
> cryptographic primitives.

I like that cryptographic primitives are supported, that makes sense.

What about other kind of "web smart contracts" (for want of a better name)
... ie to trigger the release of a payment when something on the web
happens.  e.g. the ledger operator could publish a receipt of the funds
transfer to escrow?