Re: Universal Payment Channels

Xavier- In reference to sidechains, one could think of a channel as being
like a sidechain following this simple consensus protocol: "Every
transaction must be signed by both parties".

You could have other ways of deciding to consider a transaction valid, and
as long as the bank or blockchain backing the channel used these methods,
it would work.

For instance: "Every transaction must be signed by 90% of parties"
Or: "Every transaction must be signed by a validator chosen from among the
channel participants by this round-robin protocol"

Multi-participant channels didn't seem to present any advantages in my
use-case, so I didn't think about them much.

I think there are actually other projects that add more participants to a
channel, but I've forgotten which. I'm sure that there's interesting work
that can be done here.