Re: Ledgers and semantic Web was: Stellar launches - Ripple-like decentralized ledger

> On 18 Feb 2016, at 07:54, Changhwan Lee <ckdghks1@gmail.com <mailto:ckdghks1@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> You mean ILP have to use stellar distribute ledger as well as ripple distribute ledger?

You can always consider any kind of data structure as being mappable to RDF since mathematically
all data can be mapped to graphs of relations.

Here is from Bertrand Russell's Principia Mathematica (first edition 1910)

So one could already map the different existing ledgers into RDF, which would be a good exercise to work out what they have in common as far as data is concerned. The RDF community has done work like that for mapping for example SQL databases to RDF https://www.w3.org/wiki/RdfAndSql <https://www.w3.org/wiki/RdfAndSql> and there are standards too
https://www.w3.org/TR/rdb-direct-mapping/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/rdb-direct-mapping/> . Clearly the data structures used by current blockchains are much simpler, so nothing as elaborate as that would be required.

From this work what one really wants is to start documenting the core concepts of those ledgers, and then see if one could implement the whole thing in RDF as an exercise. Do distributed ledgers require an DHT type protocol, then why not try IPFS as an experiment? Can one offload a lot of information behind HTTP? Then perhaps LDP will do https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/> )...

One could document the required ontological differences that different consensus protocols (CP) require. ( ie what kind of relation does CP x require that perhaps CP y does not need).

> Is it possible to use the two ledgers simultaneously for ILP?

I don't know.

But once you think of Ledgers as data that can interlink, then what does it mean to have 2 ledgers?
Probably no more than that 2 parts that cannot come to a consensus...

Henry