Re: A Web of Ledgers [via Interledger Payments Community Group]

On 10/09/2015 01:42 PM, W3C Community Development Team wrote:
> Twenty five years ago the Web changed how we share information. Today anyone
> with Internet access can access trillions of documents instantly and for free.
> But the same has not happened for payments.

This could use some word smithing. "The same" wouldn't ever happen for
payments; they are about paid access. I think what is trying to be said
is that standards have created a rich ecosystem of applications that can
all make use of those documents ... and the same can't be said of
payments. We don't have a rich ecosystem of applications that can all
transact with one another. So perhaps something along the lines of:

"...documents instantly via a diverse range of applications. We don't
have a rich ecosystem of applications that can all transact with one
another. It is still cheaper..."

--
Dave Longley
CTO