Re: Intention Events and Javascript Screen Readers

Do you recall who mentioned that? It doesn’t sound familiar.

Possible mentions that you might be recalling:

1. Native (non-JavaScript) screen readers like VoiceOver sometimes operate on views by getting or setting the value directly. So the “select text” intention could come on the form of something like setSelectionForRange.

2. Someone mentioned ChromeVox which, to my knowledge is the only screen reader that relies entirely on the Web Browser (this may no longer be an accurate statement) rather than on a platform accessibility API. Initially it was dependent on the DOM, but I think it now has more hooks into browser internals, not just the client-side DOM.