RE: CfC to Publish User Context FPWD (Amended)

All,

I have no reservations for publishing.

I do have a couple of this to note.......

Don't kill me........I know the grammar check will come later, but I thought
I would point out one.....

SPELLING:
1. Introduction
3rd Paragraph
Typo: senesitive (should be sensitive)

5. Settings Keys and Related Media Feature counterparts
1st Paragraph
Typo: senesitive (should be sensitive)

.......I suppose this is late to bring up now, but.........

TECHNICAL:
4.3.1 Example "Prompt with Justification" Dialog

One thing I would like to see for User Prompts - either as a suggestion or a
requirement..........that the prompt language use plain simple language
(that takes into account privacy concerns) - that most users might
understand. AT users might know what media settings are, but some additional
language could provide a bit more clarity for those who are unsure of the
nature of the prompt.

The current non-normative example says "The site https://www.example.com
wants to use your media settings". In general, can we add guidance that
adds/says something like "The site https://www.example.com wants to use your
media settings. Allowing this will let you to see and change captions for
the videos".....that is relevant to the specific requested category.

I KNOW we can't really make them do this, but I would like to encourage it.
I am often confused as to the purpose of most prompts on the web......

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)

Cell: 703-371-5545 | ryladog@gmail.com | Oakton, VA | LinkedIn Profile |