Re: Testing of Events specification

James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:

> We'll need both, but we can do extensive automated testing of browser
> internals with synthesized events, and then do a limited set of manual
> platform-specific tests. This should be much less mind-numbing than the
> extensive manual testing we had to do for ARIA 1.0.

That's fine. It also raises an interesting point: what should be the
conformance requirement for user agents that implement IndieUI events? Must
they map them to implementation-defined device-specific events suitable to the
hardware/operating system context, or is it sufficient that they allow
assistive technologies to invoke them, or should there be no requirement at
all?

For applications beyond accessibility, I would like UAs to provide their own
input handling for IndieUI abstract events, but I wouldn't insist on this as a
conformance requirement. Allowing for AT to invoke them should be enough.