Re: Wednesdays Telecon; Call for agenda

On Mar 14, 2013, at 4:43 PM, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2013, at 4:22 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Do we want to address whitespace between characters and lines in v1.0? Andy and I did not include this in our proposal as this is considered a more advanced feature. A feature would be required to allow adjust the spacing both vertically and horizontally. We have this feature in AccessForAll extended preferences vs. core.
>
> Settings for default letter-spacing and line-spacing seem reasonable to me. These can also be "set" in most browsers by way of a user style sheet, so implementation should be possible in a few ways.
>
> Added ACTION-44
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/44

I added lineHeight, wordSpacing, and letterSpacing to match the respective CSS properties. I also broke the type-related keys out into a separate TypeSettings dictionary.

>> Also, keys may be an issue as mobile devices may not have keys. We should decide how we are going to address this.
>
> I'm not sure what this means. I don't see why the mobile device context would have any bearing on whether a browser can use key/value pairs for settings.

In hindsight, it's clear you were asking about keyboard keys, rather than the "keys" I referenced in the first email. To avoid this confusion in the future, I've changed most of the "Keys" references to just be called "Settings"… For example, the ScreenReaderKeys dictionary is now called ScreenReaderSettings.

For the keyboard reference, what did you have in mind? A setting to determine whether a keyboard is connected or built-in to the device? Others? How/Why would you expect people might use these settings?

Changeset:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/IndieUI/rev/d0d561e413bb